Saturday, July 18, 2009

True Kolo Mee stories from me...





Well something strike up and hope this will make u laugh!

Kolo Mee Story 10 years ago......

One evening I've decided to have kolo mee for dinner from Hui Sing Garden stalls. So I drove with my kids along to the desired place. When we reached there, I wanted to try Dan & Joel to tapau themselves and learn to speak simple mandarin to the hawker stall. This is their first time task to order for tapau and I repeated this to Dan and Joel in simple mandarin before they go forward and this is how it goes "Tapau liang pau kolo mian"(takeaway 2 packets of kolo mee) for Dan to say and to Joel, "Fang char sau yue"(put char siew sauce). Asked them to repeated it a few times , seems ok and they went....

I waited patiently in the car and when they came back, Joel was so excited, he said: Mom! I'm so good! I talked fluently to the lady in mandarin while Dan was still trying to murmured his " Ta......pau......liang.......pau......kolo......mian....slowly after I spoke my line faster than him. Well. it was suppose to be Dan to say it first tho...The auntie asked us in english how many packet do we want to buy and put char siew sauce is it? Dan said, Hai ya!!! Mom, The auntie can speak english one! Why want us to speak mandarin so hard!! I couldn't stop laughing in the car! Picturing my kids trying to speaking mandarin like a"kwai lo" to the hawker stall woman who spoke english to them instead of mandarin. Still laugh at it whenever I think of it again....Hehehehe.. This is much better when I tell u the story with expression! Hahaha.....



Kolo Mee Story This Morning.....

Joel got very excited and craving for the kolo mee which he read on Kenny Sia's blog. He said, it was promoted as the "best kolo mee in town". A must try local food and so we went. The coffee shop is at Jalan Sekama and the name of the shop is........Some lubricant name! Guess u must know where it is and what name it is.....Hahaha

The 2 towkays are also very fluent in english too. =) Love their green vinegar chilies! Me & Joel finished the whole container....Yum!




Kolo Mee Story in The Early Evening

Today after my girl finished her dancing lesson, she was very hungry. It was before 5 and we went to RH Plaza Expert food Corner. Most of the stalls are not open yet. She was craving for kolo mee and went to the Kolo mee stall which was empty....she saw 2 guys sitting there. She asked: "Do u have kolo mee now? "They replied," Belum buka lagi, masih awal". She came back to me while I was waiting in the coffee shop. I told her..."Next time, when u see an empty stall, no kolo mee yet, pls be smarter a bit." Don't ask for it if the stall is obviously empty...Haiyah, she is so hungry & blurr till like that.....Hehehe..Knowing how silly she looked , she changed the topic by saying maybe they can bring it out..


Can u imagine the picture? *_*

Mwah hahaha......

1 comment:

MUIMUI said...

I see you all like Kolo mee. Good ones in 3rd mile bazaar, Kim Joo in upper Carpenter Street, Min Joo Kee in Ang Cheng Ho..12th mile Penrissen..batu kawah...lost counts..