Saturday, February 7, 2009

My first born turns 21 ...


On 9th February 1988 when I was 21 years old, I gave birth to my first born son after 14 hours of contractions off and on labour pain . He was premature and one month early before due. He weighed only 2.5 kg , tiny, red and a loud cryer. Though he was small, the doctor said; Don't worry your baby is healthy and strong. He cried loud and his heart was strong and working fine. Just a little bit yellow, we will see how it is in 2 days time if the condition get worse, we will have to give him the treatment for jaundice. Before 2 days time his condition already needed treatment so they put him under a blue light with his head wrapped up with those nets used for wrapping up fruits to cover his eyes from the UV light. It's was painful to see him naked, crying so long and exhausted from the light. I don't recall how long the treatment took...maybe it was 1 or 2 days time if I'm not mistaken?

Things were not prepared for him to arrive in Kuching cos everything was prepared in Ipoh. So, after the 4th day, we had to fly back to Ipoh. From that moment, I had to learn how to take care of him as a mother, and everything was a huge challenge for me because, I was still so young and mom did not give me any guidance. I learned everything from my in laws but they also expected me to know how to handle it naturally. Gee...handling my 1st baby was like a terror experiment. He cried almost of the time, and the only thing that stopped him was to feed him every 2 hours day and night! Every night I automatically got up every 2 hours to feed him before he called. It was exhausting and sometimes I felt blue cos my hubby was not there with me. He was back in kuching to work and I was in Ipoh, living with my in laws.

The chinese have the tradition, when the baby reaches a month old, they will celebrate his full moon month. My baby has doubled in weight and my hubby was back from Kuching to reunite with us for this special occasion. There were lots of ups and downs in our journey, bringing up our 1st child. It was not as simple as I thought it would be when I planned him into our lives. Though it was tough, the love between a mother and her child borns naturally deep in the heart. All the fuss in the past and messy work, were worthwhile when I saw him grew up into a young man today. My first born is already 21 today! He's my pride and joy!

So are the rest of my 4 babies who came after my 1st born, I love all of you too!

Thank God for His wonderful blessings! ^_^

No comments: